MD Anderson's Mobile Mammography van provides early breast cancer detection services to women all over the greater Houston area. The self-contained vans travel to your location, providing your employees or clients with state-of-the-art digital mammography screening services. The van is staffed with board-certified technologists with experience in performing mammograms and dedicated breast radiologists reading the exams.
The Mobile Mammography van has served more than 94,000 women in the greater Houston area since 1992, and we currently reach medically underserved communities approximately 80% of the time we operate.
Each examination typically takes about 30 minutes. Mammogram results will be mailed to you and faxed to your doctor within 7 to 14 business days.
Request the Van
Arranging a site visit is easy. Choose a site coordinator who will work with our staff to ensure that the screenings go smoothly. Please review the site visit guidelines below. If your location meets these guidelines:
- Call the Program Coordinator at 713-792-2703, or
- Email the scheduling line at MobileMammoCalendar@mdanderson.org
A mobile visit requires 17 patients. Walk-ins are not accepted. Your site coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Schedule a site visit three months prior to scheduled date
- Secure an event permit or a meter bagging permit from the City of Houston if required. This should be done in advance of the screening date.
- Publicize the program 60-90 days prior to the scheduled date. Be sure to include information about eligibility criteria and the reasons for them.
- Make sure 17 women are signed up at least 10 business days before the screening date in order to avoid cancellation.
- The Mobile Mammography van must be parked on a paved, level area.
- All four vans require a 60-foot length accommodation and a 15-foot width and 14-foot height clearance. Sharp turns in narrow areas cannot be made.
- The parking site should not have low tree branches.
- The parking site should be near restrooms. There are no restrooms on the unit.
- We do not book the unit for health fairs, as it is not effective in that setting.
Site Coordinator Materials
Your designated site coordinator will be responsible for printing and distributing the following documents in preparation for the mobile mammography van.
You are only authorized to utilize the materials provided below as part of this packet. You may not state or imply that MD Anderson endorses any of your company’s products or services. All other materials utilizing the name, trademarks, service marks, or symbols of MD Anderson or The University of Texas for any purpose, including, but not limited to, the use in advertising, marketing, and sales promotion materials or any other materials or mediums (such as the internet, domain names, or URL addresses), must be submitted to MD Anderson’s Brand Core team for prior written approval at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or to such other person or contact as indicated by MD Anderson in writing.
- Site coordinator packet: Information site coordinators need for a successful screening event
- Patient letter: This letter has important information for mammography patients.
- Event flier: Use this editable document to promote your mammography event.
- Patient questionnaire: Fax your patient questionnaire to 832-750-7001, or call the scheduling line at 713-745-4000. Please complete all fields and allow up to 24 hours for us to contact you.
We want you to know what your rights are as a patient, as well as what your obligations are to yourself, to your physician, to other patients, and to the Cancer Center. Available in five languages:
Due to our response to COVID-19, all blood donations at MD Anderson
Blood Donor Center locations are being held by appointment only.